A 'record' shot captures something uncommon and in less perfect conditions. This is a 'record' shot of Titch my Amazon Milk Frog shedding. It is not often that you can see a frog shedding and a 24x18x18 is less than ideal photography conditions! Frogs shed their skin to keep their skin healthy and prevent it from becoming hard. When in water, frogs breathe through their skin and as they don't drink they absorb water through their skin. When a frog is shedding it contorts it's body and sucks in the skin, consuming it. You can see the skin being sucked into his mouth in this photo.
I had my 70 to 200 mm lens @ 200mm on the Canon R5ii and I set the aperture to f/4.5. There is a UVB light and a LED plant light on the top of the enclosure so light can be harsh is places (you can see the glare on the body) so I under exposed by -0.7. I used a shutter speed of 1/100 sec. and ISO was 5000.
Comments
Post a Comment