I don't usually get to take photos of a dunnock in my garden as they are more timid than some of the other birds and then to stay close to shrub. They are about the side of a house sparrow but greyer. They have a grey chest and head but with a brown crown. Their beaks are thinner than a sparrow.
I photographed this from a different widow, the dining room window rather than the kitchen window. It is more challenging as the reflections are worse, the strong sunlight was also a challenge, I felt that the pinkish purple flowers in the background made for a more unusual backdrop hence taking the photo.
I used my 70 to 200 mm lens as the bird was fairly close to the window, and set the aperture at f/2.8 which helped with the blurred background, but the shrub was a distance away so likely to blur with a less open aperture. I set the shutter speed to 1/1000 sec and ISO was 125. The shot was taken with my Canon R5ii handheld.
Comments
Post a Comment