I find composites really challenging, it is hard to get the lighting consistent between the subject and the new background. I personally find it is also difficult to get a smooth selection that will blend without it looking like the image is plonked in.
I decided to try a composite with the photo of lexi (see below) as I wasn't keen on the light or the colour of the backdrop. I felt the pose could look well if she was looking back through trees. I had recently been to Kilmacurragh and felt the framing of the azaleas might work. However the lighting was very different so it was essential to change the mood and the tones. I did that by dropping in the section of background over the original image and changing the capacity. I had a copy of Lexi as a layer on top of the dropped in background but erased some so that a fainter background would go over her dress and some of her body. I added additional textures using photos of tree bark taken on the same day as the azaleas. I added dark shadows under Lexi to 'ground' her on the path.
|
|
|
Comments
Post a Comment